- Analyze HRM programs and other related systems within an organization that supports employee engagement and commitment.
In this discussion, you will gain experience in:
- Assessing the effectiveness of HRM systems and practices that support an employee-centered environment by leading to a higher level of employee engagement and employee commitment.
- Evaluating research studies that analyze HR trends, developments, and challenges that support effective employee-centered programs and the need to create employee-oriented systems.
Systems and structures within organizations can significantly impact the level of employee engagement and by extension, the effectiveness of the organization.
- Referring to the Bate, Khan, and Pye 2000 article and the Awbrey 2007 article, discuss the relationship between organizational design (systems and processes) and organizational change.
- Analyze how HRM can participate in the processes described.
- What challenges might be encountered?
- Use Capella’s library to identify two HR trends or developments that appear to support this view of organizational design. Be sure to cite your sources.