- Analyze methods of supporting employee-centered culture through organizational design and workforce diversity.
In this discussion, you will gain experience in:
- Assessing how effective organizations support employee satisfaction, engagement, and commitment as they relate to workplace diversity and inclusion.
- Analyzing the HRM professional’s role in supporting a culture of diversity through organizational design.
The readings in your Employee Engagement textbook emphasize the role of culture in building employee engagement.
- Analyze the role of culture in building employee engagement and creating an employee-centered environment.
- Based on the readings in this unit and your own work experiences, evaluate the ways that an organization’s culture reinforces or stifles such elements as employee engagement, employee commitment, and organizational effectiveness.
- In the “Modern Appliances” case study, how did James Bradshaw assess the culture of Modern Appliances? How did he go about shifting the culture in order to increase the effectiveness of the organization?
- What was the role of HRM in supporting this cultural shift?
Note: When sharing personal and company-related information, share only what is appropriate to share. Respect confidential information, and when writing about personal experiences, do not identify actual companies or individuals.