University of Phoenix Material
Ethics and Case Study Worksheet
Review the “Into the Mind: Mind Control” video.
Answer the following two questions in 45 to 90 words each.
1. Based on the information presented in the video and the textbook, what is the primary goal of all the psychological research?
2. Based on the information you read from the “Standard 8: Research and Publication” section of the APA Code of Ethics, which ethical principles do you think apply to the current study of optogenetics, as mentioned in the video?
Select one of the following scenarios based on your particular field of interest in psychology. This case study will be referenced in additional assignments throughout this course.
Note: If you are considering pursuing a specific psychology track, it is recommended that you choose the appropriate case study.
• Case Study 1 (Industrial/Organizational Psychology): A few months ago, the upper management of a large corporation that employs 2,500 people decided to implement major changes in the method their company handles the development of projects. This change was based on a well-known model used in the military that was familiar to the CEO. The reasoning for the change was not well-communicated to employees; it was simply mandated to be implemented without providing required, significant learning or training opportunities. Many employees do not feel the fit of this model is beneficial for their particular type of programs. As a result, employee morale is low, and group dynamics and personal work performance are suffering because the work process as it relates to their job performance is not understood.
• Case Study 2 (General and Applied Psychology): The staff at a large mental health clinic has noticed that patients age 35 and older respond well to calls regarding follow-up appointments and medication reminders. However, patients younger than 35 have a much lower response rate to phone call reminders. They do not answer calls and do not often respond to voice mail requesting they call the clinic back; they are more likely to respond to text messages or social media outreach. The result is that many follow-up appointments are missed and patients do not take their medication as directed. Missed medication and appointments result in poor quality of mental health for patients, and missed appointments result in added costs for the clinic. The approximate number of patients on the telephone recall list is 1,500, and 60% are above 35 years of age.
Address the following issues in 260 to 350 words in essay format:
• After selecting a case study, think about how you could research this scenario. • Compose at least one research question for the case study you selected. • What is the goal of the research you are proposing to address for your chosen case study? • Define the steps of the research process you would follow. • Evaluate how ethical considerations would affect your research. • Explain how you will consider cultural diversity in the interpretation of your research findings.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more