Write a 1,050- to 1,750-word paper that
answers the following questions:
1. What information about
diversity in the United States has helped you better understand or relate to
others in ways that you may not have in the past? Have you learned
something new about your own racial, ethnic, or cultural history?
2. Trends in immigration will
continue to shape the demographics of the United States. What will the U.S.
population look like in the year 2050? Why do you think so?
3. What challenges does the
United States face due to the diversity of its people?
4. What are the benefits of such
a diverse society?
5. How can we foster a climate of
acceptance and cultural pluralism in the United States?
6. In what ways does the media
perpetuate stereotyping and prejudice? Provide examples to support your
7. In what ways does the media
help foster appreciation for diversity? Provide examples to support your
8. How might individuals and the United
States work together to reduce prejudice and increase appreciation for
9. How might you change your own behaviors to be more inclusive and pluralistic?