Cytology Lab to Demonstrate Cell Differences
For each assignment, you will complete the following steps:
- Click on Learning Materials to Access the M.U.S.E.
- Use the M.U.S.E. link to complete the lab for this Unit.
- Track your results in the lab worksheet that is provided.
- Complete a lab report using the scientific method.
- Submit your completed lab worksheet to the assignment box.
In this lab, you will observe diagrams that show the structure of plant and animal cells. Using the M.U.S.E. tutorial, the textbook, and virtual library resources, fill in the tables of the lab 2 worksheet.
This lab will familiarize you with the basic structures (e.g., organelles of animal and plant cells along with their functions in the cell). Click on the M.U.S.E. link to begin the Cytology Lab on Animal and Plant cell structure and function. As you progress through the M.U.S.E. tutorial, you will learn to recognize the various organelles of cells, and you will also learn their functions. Complete the lab 2 worksheet by identifying each organelle according to its number in the tutorial and also by describing its function as specified in the tutorial.
Your lab report this week will consist only of the completed lab 2 worksheet that contains table 1 on animal cells and table 2 on plant cells.
- Links for more information