Use the Internet to research two (2) publically held health care organizations in your state that you believe would benefit from a merger. Download and review each organization’s financial statements.
Write a ten to twelve (10-12) page paper in which you:
1. Conduct basic financial statement and operating indicator analysis to assess the financial condition of the two (2) health care organizations you selected.
2. Analyze the organization’s debt, equity financing, and capital structure of the two (2) organizations.
3. Analyze the capital structure and cost of capital of the two (2) organizations.
4. Conduct a risk analysis regarding the merger of the two (2) organizations you have identified.
5. Analyze current receivables management of the two (2) organizations and make recommendations for how receivables management should be addressed post-merger.
6. Explain which financial ratios you used in your analysis and how they were derived in an appendix to your assignment.
7. Provide at least four (4) qualified sources, e.g., peer-reviewed journals, professional organization Website, or health care provider Websites.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; references must follow APA
• Include a cover page and page numbers and reference page. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
1. Evaluate the financial statements and the financial position of health care institutions.
2. Apply fundamental financial management skills and knowledge to health care organizations.
3. Evaluate the financial statements and the financial position of health care institutions.
4. Develop a competence in making financial decisions using net present value, pertinent financial ratios, and break-even analysis.
5. Use technology and information resources to research issues in health financial management.
6. Write clearly and concisely about health financial management using proper writing mechanics.
Grading for this assignment will be based on answer quality, logic / organization of the paper, and language and writing skills. Click here to access the rubric for this assignment.