Your first task is to post your own Key Assignment Outline to the discussion area so that other students are able to review your plan. Attach your document to the main discussion post, and include any notes you feel are appropriate. The purpose of this assignment is to help improve the quality of the Key Assignment Draft you will complete next week.
Now that you are familiar with reentry programs and practices, add the following scenario to your individual portion of the group project:
- While Selma has adjusted nicely into her ABC program, Snake continues to engage in risky behavior that is likely to lead to recidivism once released. He has had several rule infractions and several stays in solitary confinement. His case manager has decided to reevaluate his case plan and make changes. The goal is to get him involved with additional programming that will engage him, in hopes that he will essentially be a lower risk to the community after release.
- The case manager has decided to look at evidence-based practices and empirical research to develop a program that is designed for violent offenders. The case manager plans on presenting the program to the warden for approval. Your task is to develop a program designed for Snake. Assume the following:
- He has shown violent tendencies.
- He continues to violate rules.
- He has been unresponsive in group therapy.
- He has been diagnosed with bipolar disorder.
- He was molested by his father as a child.
- Address the following in 500–750 words:
- After conducting library research on these offenders, develop one program that is designed specifically for snake.
- Be sure to evaluate the positives and negative of the program. This is done by evaluating program statistics.
- After you have developed your program, discuss how this could reduce recidivism.
- Be sure to reference all sources using APA style.