Imagine that you are establishing your own small retail business. Your store will be open from Monday through Saturday, and closed on Sunday. You will need to hire twelve (12) employees, two (2) of which will be full time and the rest will be part time.
Write a six to eight (6-8) page paper in which you:
1. Describe the daily operations management used in your retail business.
2. Determine how you will identify and understand your customers.
3. Propose how you will gather customer information and process it in your retail setting.
4. Identify the characteristics of your particular trading area and create criteria of a site evaluation.
5. Create a recruiting and training plan for your staff.
6. Determine the most important financial dimensions of your business and how will you address them.
7. Develop a merchandise plan for your business.
8. Use at least three (3) quality academic resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and other Websites do not qualify as academic resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
1. Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; references must follow APA. Please type questions 1 through 7 followed by your answer
2. Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
1. Analyze the retailing consumer and database management in retailing.
2. Analyze consumer characteristics in relation to retail marketing strategy.
3. Analyze human resource management and financial aspects of operation management in retail organizations.
4. Describe the dimensions of operating a retail business and the development of merchandise plans.
5. Use technology and information resources to research issues in retail management.
6. Write clearly and concisely about retail management using proper writing mechanics.