In order to effectively analyze various behavioral components within an organization, the following suggestions are provided for guidance:
- Critique the observable actions of individuals within the organization.
- Describe demonstrated attitudes exhibited by individuals within the organization.
- How do groups interact with each other both from an internal and external standpoint?
- How well does the organization function from a performance standpoint? Is synergy and cohesiveness apparent?
In this assignment you will analyze the organizational behavior of your current or former employer by describing how each of the components listed below influences the behavior of the organization in a negative or positive manner.
Analyze the organizational behavior by describing the following areas:
- Type of culture (Pluralism, Dualism or Salad bowl?)
- Modes of communication (Describe the dominant communication form used . e.g.written or verbal)
- Nature of authority (recognized social rank)
- Motivational techniques (Describe the motivational driving forces e.g. Intrinsic or extrinsic used to influence productivity and performance?)
- Areas of EQ incorporated (Describe how the organization embraces the theory of emotional intelligence )
- How are the components of a virtual organization embraced? (Explain how the organization embraces new paradigms such as teleworking and virtual offices?)
Be sure to provide examples of each item.
- Must be eight-ten double-spaced pages in length, and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
- Must include a title page with the following:
- Title of paper
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
- Must begin with an introductory paragraph that has a succinct thesis statement.
- Must address the topic of the paper with critical thought.
- Must use headers.
- Must end with a conclusion that reaffirms your thesis.
- Must document all sources in APA style, as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
- Must include a separate reference page, formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
Carefully review the Grading Rubric for the criteria that will be used to evaluate your assignment.