Develop a Risk Communication Plan
For this Assignment, you will select a current man-made or natural disaster (i.e., hurricane, earthquake, terrorist attack, snow storm, wildfire, etc.) and develop a risk communication plan to address the crisis. The risk communication plan should identify and discuss the characteristics of effective risk communication discussed during the course.
You will create your communication plan in PowerPoint. The PowerPoint presentation should be about 11–15 slides; approximately one or two slides for each of the following main points:
• Disaster Scenario/Details
• Introduction to the Plan
• Communication challenges
• Needs and concerns of and impact to stakeholders/partners
• Processes to enhance two-way communication.
• Processes to build trust and credibility.
• Final STARCC (Simple, timely, accurate, relevant, credible, and consistent) Key message.
In this unit, you read some very informative reports on risk communication that you can use for this Assignment.