nurs 6541 week 7 soap application
Assignment 2: Practicum – SOAP Note
Select a patient who you examined during the last 8 weeks (2 year old with sore throat. Dad has strep) With this patient in mind, address the following in a SOAP Note:
· Subjective: What details did the patient or parent provide regarding the personal and medical history? Include any discrepancies between the details provided by the child and details provided by the parent, as well as possible reasons for these discrepancies.
· Objective: What observations did you make during the physical assessment? Include pertinent positive and negative physical exam findings. Describe whether the patient presented with any growth and development or psychosocial issues.
· Assessment: What were your differential diagnoses? Provide a minimum of three possible diagnoses. List them from highest priority to lowest priority. What was your primary diagnosis and why?
· Plan: What was your plan for diagnostics and primary diagnosis? What was your plan for treatment and management? Include pharmacologic and non-pharmacologic treatments, alternative therapies, and follow-up parameters, as well as a rationale for this treatment and management plan.
· Reflection notes: What was your “aha” moment? What would you do differently in a similar patient evaluation?
Please see the attached grading criteria