(TCO A) Which of the following statements describes the relationship among federal, state, and local governments?
(TCO A) Logrolling is the process where:
(TCO B) Current-dollar government purchases were $1,500 billion in 2010. With 2000 as the base year, assume the price deflator for 2010 is 175 (or, 1.75 if you don’t multiple by 100). In real dollars, the year 2000 government purchases would be which of the following (rounded to the nearest billion)?
(TCO C) The largest portion of local government expenditures is:
(TCO B) Define and describe the following budget terms:
Audit and Evaluation
(TCO C) A state game and fish agency wants to invest in a new fish hatchery. It is estimated that the cost of operating the system will be $2,000,000 per year after a one-time installation cost of $5,000,000 is incurred. The construction period will be one year. Once the plant is constructed and in operation, community benefits are estimated at $4,000,000 per year. The system would be financed by a property tax increment placed on the business and residential sectors. (6 points)
Without considering interest rates and discounting, how long will it take for the community to break even on this venture? SHOW ALL WORK. (4 points)
What might be defensible logic behind using revenues from fishing licensing and fines from violators of fishing regulations, for the financing mechanism as compared to, say, a sales tax? (4 points)
Write a brief one-paragraph budget justification to support this project. [NOTE: I refer to the statement on Page 175 of the text, to wit. Well-developed budget justifications are the key to successful agency budget requests.] (4 points)
(TCO B) Current-dollar government purchases were $1,250 billion in 2010. With 2000 as the base year, assume the price deflator for 2010 is 175 (or, 1.75 if you don’t multiple by 100). In real dollars, the year 2000 government purchases would be which of the following (rounded to the nearest billion)?
(TCO C) Appropriation to the State Library System (fiscal year starts July 1) for fiscal year 201x was $21,500,000.
POL 110 Assignment 1 Politics Today Yesterday & Tomorrow
Write a three to four (3-4) page paper in which the student answers the following three (3) items using headers to separate each item:
Discuss either two (2) civil liberties or two (2) civil rights events (past or current) that have influenced a sense of social responsibility in the American government today. Provide examples to support your answer.
Note: In your response, consider how the events influenced the way state, local or national political leaders or agencies responded in a socially responsible or ethical manner toward the community.
POL 110 Assignment 2 Political Parties & Electoral Process
Write a three to four (3-4) page paper on the relationship between political parties and the electoral process in which you:
Identify three to four (3-4) ideological differences between Americas two (2) major political parties.
Analyzekey reasons why third parties have never been successful at the presidential level.
Determine the role of the campaign process in maintaining the two-party system. Use examples to support your response.
Use at least four (4) quality academic resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and other Websites to not qualify as academic resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides
POL 110 Congressional Ethics U.S Government
Complete the You Are Proposing a Constitutional Amendment simulation located in Week Two on the Materials tab of the student web page and answer the multiple choice questions throughout the exercise.
Save a screenshot of your answers for all five questions.
Post your screenshots as a Microsoft Word attachment
POL 110 Federalism Paper U.S Government
Provide three (3) examples of how federalism has evolved from its origins to the American political system in place today.
Examine three to five (3-5) factors that have allowed the concept of federalism to shape American political behavior.
Discuss at least two (2) factors that illustrate how the relationship between the states and the U.S. federal government influences the creation of American policies overall.
Use at least three (3) quality academic resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and other Websites to not qualify as academic resources.
POL 110 Week 8 Exam Answers U.S Government
1. (TCO B) The bicameral legislature that exists in the United States today was formulated during the Constitutional Convention (Points : 5)
2. (TCO B) New Federalism is a term that was used by (Points : 5)
3. (TCO C) When a conflict between two or more states arises, the ultimate resolution of the matter (Points : 5)
4. (TCO C) The genesis of the idea for an interstate compact through the passage of the legislation in two or more states and the implementation is a multiple-step process. One such step or series of steps is (Points : 5)
5. (TCO D) When the federal government is attempting to implement a policy nationally, and that policy is within the permitted powers, it can influence the states to comply by (Points : 5)
6. (TCO D) Which model of the relationships between the national, state, and local governments views the relationship of the national government and state governments as independent and autonomous? (Points : 5)
1. (TCO B) Explain the basics of a unitary form of government including a brief mention of one of its strengths as compared to a federal government. (Points : 10)
2. (TCO C) Discuss key characteristics of the United States of America immediately after ratification of the Constitution as compared to under the Articles of Confederation. (Points : 20)
3. (TCO C) What is meant by the term home rule?Briefly, how does it compare to Dillon’s Rule? (Points : 20)
4. (TCO D) What were the first three executive level departments created in federal government of the United States of America? In what way was that indicative of the role of the federal government at that time? (Points : 15)
5. (TCO B) Discuss the basic viewpoints of dual federalism and cooperative federalism. Focus please on the role of the federal government and the respective state governments. Feel free to include a brief discussion of historical events that have led into these viewpoints of federalism. (Points : 30)
6. (TCO D) An interstate compact is an important tool for management of policy issues that cross jurisdictional lines. Please define the term interstate compact. Explain the steps that are needed from the time that an interstate related problem is recognized to the time that an appropriate agreement is implemented. (Points : 25)