This paper is directed toward the company IKEA.
1. Provide an overview of the research design of the paper. Introduce the various topics that will be addressed in the research paper. Identify the method(s) that will be used to collect the data for the topics and how that data will be evaluated.
2. There will be a brief discussion of the firm to include its principle goods and services, market share, geographic locations where it operates, and major competitors.
3. Evaluate and discuss whether the firm could benefit by using Activity Based Costing (ABC). The discussion should include what factor(s) influenced your decision, the ramifications of implementing ABC in the international business environment, and how you would structure the distribution of costs using ABC for your firm.
4. Evaluate and discuss whether the firm could benefit by using standard costs. The discussion should include what factor(s) influenced your decision, the ramifications of costs, quantity, and variances, and the ramifications of using standard costs in the international business
5. Evaluate and discuss how the firm could benefit by analyzing future projects in terms relevant
costs. This discussion should include the firm’s future plans, such as, expansion, consolidation,
and downsizing and how relevant costs could be used in the decision making.
6. Summary and conclusion(s). The discussion should provide a brief summary of the previous
sections, and the conclusions you have reached.