1. (Thinking Critically about Corrections: Probation Effectiveness) In a narrative format, discuss the key facts and critical issues presented. (400)
2. How important to you, as a taxpayer, is recidivism as a measure of program success? (100)
3. Do you believe probation officers can really keep offenders from committing new crimes or violating the conditions of their probation? (100)
4. If you were a probation officer today, by which outcome measures would you want to be judged? Why? (100)
5. There was a new diversion program developed in your county to help first-time misdemeanor drug offenders avoid incarceration and seek help in controlling their dependency. Your job as a diversion officer is to set conditions of diversion and then monitor and enforce compliance. One of your first clients fails the required weekly drug test. Should you immediately remove that person from the program? Why or why not? (100)
6. (Economic Realities and Corrections: Intermediate Sanctions) In a narrative format, discuss the key facts and critical issues presented. (400)
7. What are the reasons why policy makers and voters are favoring intermediate sanctions for nonviolent, low-risk offenders? (100)
8. Based on the average annual cost of boot camps (Exhibit 5-3) and the literature surrounding the effectiveness of boot camps, what would you predict about the future of boot camps? (100)
9. You have been called to speak to a group of legislators regarding the importance of intermediate sanctions. Even though most of the intermediate sanctions show little, if any, impact on reducing criminal activity, explain to the group of legislators why they should not pull the plug on intermediate sanctions. Think about the other goals that intermediate sanctions achieve. (100)
10. (Exhibit 6-10: Jail Reentry) In a narrative format, discuss the key facts and critical issues presented. (400)
11. Why is it difficult to target reentry programs to offenders incarcerated in jail? (100)
12. Why should local jails address reentry issues and develop reentry programming? (100)
13. You are a new jail administrator who supports reentry programming and evidence-based practices. Some of the senior staff are not on board and believe their job is solely to maintain institutional security. Explain to your staff the importance of developing reentry programs and evidence-based practices in your jail. (100)
Must reference the material provided. Each response has a minimum word count listed at the end of the sentence. (minimum 2100 words total) APA formatting must be used to cite the material, each response should be cited. Narrative formatting for question 1, 6, and 10, which means that there should be an introduction, discussion, and a conclusion.
Citation style: apa
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more