Polyester is the result of what kind of reaction?
1. Polyester is the result of what kind of reaction?
Organic acids and carbon-based materials
An oxygen-reduction reaction
Benzene and acetone
Condensation polymerization reaction
1. The polymer that remains when the natural binding agent is removed from wood and other plants is called:
1. Which of the following statements is INCORRECT regarding the smoke produced during polymeric fires?
The smoke produced during the burning of polymers made from aliphatic monomers is greater than the amount produced during the burning of polymers made from aromatic monomers
The smoke produced during the burning of polymers made from aromatic monomers is greater than the amount produced during the burning of polymers made from aliphatic monomers
Based on the smoke produced, aromatic monomer fires pose greater health risk than aliphatic fires.
The nature of the smoke produced during polymeric fires varies with the characteristics of the polymeric material.
1. What precaution is taken to warn firefighters or emergency responders of the presence of a substance that may autopolymerize?
An A is sometimes imprinted in the bottommost quadrant of the NFPA hazard diamond posted on the tank in which the substance is stored.
A P is sometimes imprinted in the bottommost quadrant of the NFPA hazard diamond posted on the tank in which the substance is stored.
An inhibitor is added to stabilize the material against autoplymerization.
The storage tank is marked stabilized
1. Which of the following statements about polymer decomposition and combustion is INCORRECT?
The surfaces of some polymeric products tend to char as they burn.
Burning polymeric products are only capable of releasing minimal heat.
Burning polymeric products can evolve voluminous amounts of smoke, carbon monoxide, other hazardous gases, vapor, and fumes.
Polymers frequently undergo thermal degradation into simpler chemical substances.
1. What toxic substance that has a lethal dose of 2,000 to 5,000 ppm to laboratory animals has been detected in smoke from polymeric fires? __________.
1. A known human carcinogen that is used in the production of polychloroprene is called __________.
1. The phenomenon associated with the spread of fire from a burning area to other areas physically isolated from the initial fire source is known as __________.
1. The term rubber refers to any of the natural or synthetic polymers having two main properties: deformation under strain and elastic recovery after vul¬canization. These polymers are called __________.
At a polymeric fire scene, the gases formed depend on the chemical nature of the polymers that have burned or undergone thermal decomposition. Natural polymers having an animal origin contain proteins which in turn are composed of amino acids. Of concern are two amino acids (methionnc and cysteine) as they produce the toxic gases 1) __________ upon decomposition and 2) __________ upon combustion.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more