Module Learning Outcomes
This assignment has been designed to enable students to develop an insight into the requirements involved in setting up and running a small to medium business enterprise.
1) Demonstrate an appreciation of competent planning and research techniques required of the success of a small business enterprise
2) Examine the competitive and legal environment within which small businesses operate
3) Demonstrate feasible operational methods that could maintain and strengthen the performance of a small business.
4) Produce a detailed business plan for a small to medium business containing all the information necessary to fully evaluate the proposed venture.
Mode of Working
Please note this is anindividual piece of work
You are required to produce ‘power point’ presentation slides for a small to medium business operating in an industry sector of your choice. Your presentation slidescan either build upon the business venture outlined in your original business proposal or a new business venture. Furthermore, you should make reference to your proposed businesses’:
• Market trends/customer demand
• Target market
• Choice of location
• Business objectives (short, medium and long term)
• Type of business structure
• Manpower requirements
• Market and promotional strategies
• Relevant legal requirements/legislation
• Sources of business funds
• Cash account, profit and loss account, and balance sheet – for as many years needed until the business demonstrates a suitable net profit