Chapter 9 – Weight Management: Overweight, Obesity, and Underweight
1. Describe how body fat develops and why it can be difficult to maintain weight gains and losses.
b. Explain fat cell development and its role in obesity. d. Discuss the set point theory of obesity.
2. Review some of the causes of obesity.
a. Discuss the role of genetics, leptin, and ghrelin in the development of obesity. b. Identify environmental causes of obesity.
3. Explain the risks and benefits, if any, of aggressive ways to treat obesity. 4. Outline reasonable strategies for achieving and maintaining a healthy body weight.
a. List diet planning strategies for successful weight loss. b. Explain the role of exercise in weight management.
5. Summarize strategies for gaining weight. a. Explain weight-grain strategies. 6. Contrast the differences between popular fad diets and weight-loss diets based on sound nutrition.
Chapter 14 – Fitness: Physical Activity, Nutrients, and Body Adaptations
1. Describe the health benefits of being physically fit and explain how to develop the components of
2. Identify the factors that influence fuel use during physical activity and the types of activities that depend
more on glucose or fat, respectively. a.. Describe the use of glucose and glycogen as body fuels during exercise. b. Describe a diet to minimize glucose depletion during exercise. c. Explain the principle of carbohydrate loading, including the diet to build glycogen stores. d. Explain the role of dietary and body fats during prolonged exercise. e. Describe the uses of protein during exercise and determine the protein needs of the athlete.
3. List which vitamin and mineral supplements, if any, athletes may need and why.
a. Discuss the roles of vitamin E and iron in the athlete. b. Explain sports anemia and the iron requirements for the athlete.
4. Identify the factors that influence an athlete’s fluid needs and describe the differences between water
and sports drinks. a. Discuss fluid needs of the athlete and the symptoms and consequences of inadequate intake. b. Describe the hydration schedule for physical activity and the need for electrolyte replacement. c. Discuss the effects of caffeine and alcohol on an athlete’s performance.5. Discuss an appropriate daily eating pattern for athletes and list one example of a recommended pregame
and recovery meal.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more