1) What do pollen, dust mites, certain foods and drugs, insect venom, fungal spores, and some ingredients in cosmetics have in common?
they often contain dangerous bacteria
they often act as allergens
they all contain lipids
they are all made of protein
2) Which antibodies are secreted when an allergic person is exposed to an allergen?
3) A serious and sometimes fatal allergic reaction is
4) When the body’s defenses turn against its own cells, the disorder is called
an autoimmune response.
acquired immune deficiency syndrome.
5) The human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) primarily destroys which cells?
helper T and macrophages
6) The method of contracting an illness after touching a contaminated doorknob, diaper or handkerchief is
contact with a vector.
7) Becoming infected by a pathogen following the bite of a mosquito is considered
contact with a vector.
8) The likelihood that a pathogen will make its host seriously ill is
9) The enzyme used by HIV that allows it to make DNA from RNA is
refers to ‘inside the heart’.
refers to an irregular heart rhythm.
is only found in elderly patients.
is more problematic for women.
11) Infants born with a hole in some part of the hear wall are often referred to as
12) Pneumonia may be caused by all of the following EXCEPT
13) The most aggressive form of lung cancer is
squamous cell carcinoma.
14) SARS is a form of
15) A dangerous form of diarrhea complicated by anemia may be caused by
16) Infections, stress or factors that speed up peristalsis may cause
17) One of the most common of all childhood cancers is
18) Nephritis may lead to cessation of blood filtering by the glomerulus because the kidney is
surrounded by a tough renal capsule.
located behind the intestines.
a paired structure.
directly connected to the inferior vena cava
19) Bladder infections that travel up to the kidney are called
20) One of the most common sexually transmitted diseases is
21) Why is Chlamydia trachomatis considered a “stealth” STD?
infections with it tend to sneak up on people.
a large percentage of people who have it have no symptoms and may pass it on easily.
when people have it, it is difficult to detect with modern techniques.
it may be transmitted in many different ways making it difficult to figure out how a person got it.
22) Other than being STDs, what do chlamydia and gonorrhea have in common?
their symptoms are identical.
they are caused by the same bacteria.
they both may cause PID.
they are both treated with the same antibiotics.
23) The area(s) of the body most susceptible to herpes simplex virus is (are)
mucous membranes of the mouth.
mucous membranes of the genitals.
all of these.
24) Genital warts are caused by
25) HPV has been linked to
26) Which of the following diseases, not usually classified as an STD, may be spread by sexual contact?
27) Which is a normal fungal inhabitant of the vagina that can overgrow under certain circumstances causing a “cottage cheesy” discharge, itching, and irritation?
28) The treatment for trichomoniasis is
29) The treatment for a case of hepatitis B is
a high protein diet
30) In relation to genital herpes, antiviral drugs
cure the disease.
reduce the symptoms during recurrences.
all are true except “cure the disease”.
reduce the frequency of recurrences.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more