Create a servant leadership paper (1,000-1,250 words) that addresses the following:
1. “Although servant leadership is often associated with the Bible and Jesus Christ, it is totally compatible with most religions and theories of philosophy.” Using one leadership theory and one other philosophical or religious viewpoint (apart from Christianity or its denominations), explain whether you agree or disagree with the statement above by applying Greenleaf’s characteristics of servant leadership as the criteria for your evaluation.
2. Describe one attribute or capacity of servant leadership and provide a concrete example of when you have seen a leader demonstrate that capacity. What power base(s) was/were used in this situation? Describe the impact the leader’s behavior had on the situation.
3. Explain the importance of self-awareness and emotional intelligence and the role they play in enabling you, as a leader, to model the capacities of characteristics of servant leadership.
4. Include at least four academic resources as references to support your position.
This paper is not a political or religious assignment. This assignment should foster critical thinking as it relates to this module’s topic and objectives, and presents the student with an opportunity to explore other cultures, philosophies, and religions.
This assignment will be graded using the “Servant Leadership Paper Rubric.” Instructors will be using the rubric to grade the assignment.
MGT-420 Resource: Module 6 Servant Leadership Paper Grading Rubric
REQUIREMENTS: POSSIBLE ACTUAL
1) Discusses the following perspective: Although servant leadership is often associated with the Bible and Jesus Christ, it is totally compatible with most religions and theories of philosophy. Student conducts a comparative study using Greenleaf’s characteristics of servant leadership (based upon Christianity) against one other religion or philosophy (apart from Christianity) and one other leadership theory.
2) Explain whether you agree or disagree with the statement above. (Justify with appropriate references.)
**This paper is not a political or religious assignment. This assignment should foster critical thinking as it relates to the topic and objectives of this module, and presents the student with an opportunity to explore other theories, philosophies, and religion. 25
3) Describes one attribute or capacity of servant leadership (from Greenleaf’s attributes). 5
4) Describes an example where you have seen a leader demonstrate that capacity. What impact did the leader’s behavior have on the situation? 10
5) Describes the importance of self-awareness and emotional intelligence and the roles they play in enabling you as a leader to model the capacities or characteristics of servant leadership. 20
6) Uses at least four academic sources. 10
7) Student prepares all answers and comments according to the APA guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. An abstract was not required. 6
8) Paragraph Development and Transitions
Student’s work has a sophisticated construction of paragraphs and transitions. Ideas universally progress and relate to each other. The student is careful to use paragraph and transition construction to guide the reader. Paragraph structure is seamless. Individually and collectively, paragraphs are coherent and cohesive. 8
9) Mechanics of Writing
a) Student is clearly in control of standard, written American English.
b) All work includes correct spelling, punctuation, and grammar.
c) Similarity Index less than or equal to 15% *Instructor discretion advisable 8
10) Language Use and Audience Awareness
a) Student used correct sentence construction, word choice, etc.
b) Student uses a variety of sentence constructions, figures of speech, and word choice in unique and creative ways that are appropriate to the purpose, discipline, and scope.
c) Assignment is within the required word count. 8
After the total has been added together, calculate the following: ___/100 x 10% =