Strategies of World Cinema
Choose one question (I will upload some relevant materials after we settle the question):
1. The concept of world music stands accused of being simply a ‘marketing device’? Does the same stand for ‘world cinema’?
2. The concept of ‘national cinemas’ reduces the study of film to a simple touristic itinerary. Discuss.
3. Is the time of ‘third cinema’ past? Explore the emergence of ‘third cinema’ and assess its relevance in the contemporary period.
4. In what sense might it be argued that there can be links between ‘world cinema’ and market liberalisation? Be sure to give geographic examples.
5. Critically assess the advantages and disadvantages of international co-production in ‘world cinema’. Illustrate your answer with specific examples.
6. In what sense might it be argued that film festivals shape audience appreciation of ‘world cinema’?
7. How has the concept of ‘authenticity’ been mobilised in discussions of post-colonial thought and what impact might this have for a certain vision of ‘world cinema’?
8. How has the concept of “underdevelopment” been treated within “world cinema”? Make sure to include both an understanding of the political motivations of such a term and analyses of particular film styles in your answer.
9. How might the various definitions of “the popular” allow us to understand both the diverse tactics by which “world cinema” reaches its audiences and the terms under which it does so?
10. How can Hamid Naficy’s concept of ‘an accented cinema’ help us understand exilic and diasporic filmmaking?
11. How might the many theories and understandings of migration enable an expanded comprehension of what “world cinema” is and does? `
Ensure that you draw upon appropriate reading of primary theoretical texts, as well as commentaries on cinema.
Include analyses of at least one film.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more