Discussion II Topic
Refer to the fact pattern provided to you by your instructor for your client interview in Week 6, and answer the following questions.
- What witnesses do you intend to interview that could lead you to identifying potential defendants in this case? What questions will you ask them?
- What other kinds of witnesses would you try to locate to help establish your case and what would you ask them? What specific information do you want them to provide?
- How will you locate the witnesses listed in your answers to questions 2 and 3?
- What potential problems do you anticipate in locating and interviewing these witnesses, including any ethical challenges? How will you overcome these problems?
Go http://mycase.in.gov (Links to an external site.) and search by party name “Miller” and a date after 1/1/14.
Review the docket of a case with 10 or more entries.
- What information did you gather from the docket?
- On what occasion might you utilize a site like this when you are working at a law firm?
- How would this be helpful to gather information?
The memorandum should contain all the sections as shown in Illustration 11-3 and should be at least three pages in length.