- Analyze a Sociological Issue
In this course you have learned about many different kinds of social problems and controversial issues in societies around the world and in the United States, such as poverty, social inequality, race and cultural discrimination, gender stratification, environmental damage, population growth, and urbanization.
- Resources: Ch. 1-5, 7, 8, 10, 11, 15, & 16 of Society
- Write a 1,750- to 2,450-word paper examining the affect of a current social problem on a particular social group. You may choose a social problem and social group from the Suggested Social Problems and Social Groups List in Appendix A, or you may research a social problem and social group that is not in the list. However, if you choose your own, you must submit a request to the instructor by Week Four.
- Refer to Appendix A for specific guidelines on how you may work on your final project throughout the course.
- Format the paper according to APA standards.
- Cite 3 to 5 sources; at least two should come from the Online Library. You may also refer to the Recommended Web Sites list in the Electronic Resources section at the beginning of this syllabus for additional sources.
Note: Sources other than those from the Online Library or the Recommended Web Sites list need to be approved by the instructor.
- Submit the paper as an attachment.