This assessment will require you to analyze a healthcare system’s survey data (Hospital Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers and Systems, or HCAHPS) and develop a strategic plan for improvement of organizational scores. The HCAHPS results posted on Hospital Compare, which is part of the government’s Medicare website, allow consumers to make fair and objective comparisons between hospitals and state and national averages on important measures related to the patient’s unique perspective of the care received. You will need to incorporate the most recent survey scores data analysis (including comparison scores/benchmarking), impact of scores (financial and quality), organizational structure/design, use of technology, and influential cultural and social/environmental factors into this project. A business plan document will provide a thorough analysis, a plan that includes stakeholder involvement, and a timeline for implementation, evaluation, and outcome measurement.
You are the newly appointed chief nursing officer of a hospital and have been tasked with improving the most recently reported HCAHPS score for the entire organization. The hospital board is requesting a detailed report, analysis, and plan to improve these results. You are instructed to complete the full data and impact analysis; develop a detailed strategic plan to improve the scores in all areas of the hospital, incorporating quality improvement, shared accountability, technology, care delivery model, and financial stability; propose a rapid implementation timeline; and outline the process of evaluation in an effective presentation that you will present at the next board meeting.
Create a business plan document in which you do the following:
A. Provide the HCAHPS scores for a hospital of your choice using web site: http://www.medicare.gov/hospitalcompare
Area code: 16601 or Pennsylvania
Note: Refer to the web link to find HCAHPS scores for various hospitals.
B. Analyze the HCAHPS scores of your chosen hospital by doing the following:
1. Compare the scores to state and national averages.
2. Compare the scores to two other hospitals in the region.
3. Compare the survey response rates to two other hospitals in the region.
4. Describe the hospital’s demographic patient population and services provided.
5. Discuss how the following environmental and community factors could potentially influence HCAHPS scores:
a. cultural dynamics
b. educational dynamics
c. socioeconomic dynamics
6. Explain potential short- and long-term financial impact on the organization.
a. Discuss potential impact on quality outcomes.
C. Discuss the potential cause of the chosen hospital’s HCAHPS scores.
D. Develop an organizational strategic plan to improve the chosen hospital’s HCAHPS scores throughout the organization by doing the following:
1. Explain how organizational change can help improve the chosen hospital’s HCAHPS scores.
2. Discuss the structure (i.e., framework), process (i.e., actions), and outcomes of the strategic plan.
3. Discuss how you would incorporate evidence-based practice and shared governance to improve organizational quality.
4. Explain methods you would use to incorporate concepts of shared accountability among patients, medical providers, payers (e.g., insurance providers, Medicare, Medicaid), and personnel.
5. Explain methods you would use to incorporate technology trends within healthcare.
6. Explain methods you would use to improve the care delivery system, including the topics of quality, cost, access, and patient-centered care.
7. Explain methods you would use to improve financial stability.
E. Develop an implementation plan and timeline for the strategic plan you developed in part D by doing the following:
1. Discuss key roles and responsibilities of stakeholders.
2. Discuss how you would ensure stakeholder accountability and involvement.
3. Discuss any training staff would need in order to implement the plan.
4. Outline a timeline for implementation of your plan, including periodic review checkpoints to measure progress.
F. Discuss the process you would use to evaluate the success of the strategic plan, including the following:
• method of measurement that would be used
• evaluation of the timeline
• method of analysis
1. Discuss how you would involve key stakeholders in the evaluation process.
2. Explain how the evaluation results will be communicated internally and externally.
G. When you use sources, include all in-text citations and references in APA format.
Note: When using sources to support ideas and elements in an assessment, the submission MUST include APA formatted in-text citations with a corresponding reference list for any direct quotes or paraphrasing. It is not necessary to list sources that were consulted if they have not been quoted or paraphrased in the text of the assessment.
Note: No more than a combined total of 30% of a submission can be directly quoted or closely paraphrased from outside sources, even if cited correctly.
web link http://www.medicare.gov/hospitalcompare
area code: 16601
Refer to uploaded Rubric as a guide for evaluation
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more